Swett Construction INC.
Garage Builders in Hot Springs, SD
One of the best ways to protect your vehicles from weather damage, or just to add a little bit of storage space to your home, is to have a garage built. Whether you are building a new home from the ground up or are looking to add a garage on to your existing home, we’ve got you covered. Swett Construction is a highly experienced home builder and naturally that includes garages, so don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Garage building is an artform within itself and requires a unique set of skills to get the job done right, but for all you new home builders out there please feel free to check out our Home Builders page!
No matter your situation, if you are looking for a garage builder in Hot Springs, SD call us now at 605-890-2668!
We'll Be Your Garage Builders in Hot Springs, SD
There are a lot of reasons to upgrade your property with a garage. The extra space can be used for the obvious place to park your vehicle, or you might want a workshop area. It can even be as simple as more storage, but a garage can add to your home’s value in a resale, too. If you’ve never had a garage built or you haven’t looked in a long time, there are a lot of decisions that you can make for your new garage.
For starters, you’ll need to figure out what size of garage you’re looking for. In most cases, that comes down to the number of people in your home and what you need a garage for. We’ve built garages for a lot of homeowners, so we know the different sizes that you might be interested in:
- If you’re single or just have one vehicle, a single garage can be perfect. There’s actually a surprising amount of space on both sides of your car, so you’ll never feel cramped. However, you won’t have enough room for storage or a pool table because the whole garage is 14 meters squared.
- You might not know that you have options with a double garage. That’s because there’s a difference between the two-car garage and a tandem garage, whether you’ve heard about both or not. A two-car garage is exactly as it sounds. Two cars can park next to each other with either one or two doors. You’ll have about 30 meters squared to work with, so you can also have a single car and use half the space for a woodshop or party area. A tandem garage is also a double, but it’s streamlined and you’ll have one door. That’s because both cars park in a straight line instead of side-by-side.
- If you have a family or love collecting cars, you might want a three-car garage. As you might have guessed, these are the largest garages. As with the double, you don’t have to fill the space with cars. You can use it for anything, so you might still want a three-car garage if you only have one car.
Once you’ve decided on the size you want your garage to be, you’ll need to figure out if you want it attached to your home or not. When your garage is connected directly to your home, it makes it easier to go to and from your garage. However, since your garage can have very different temperatures, an attached garage can impact your electric bill. In that case, insulation might be in order.
On the other hand, a detached garage keeps its temperatures to itself. If it gets cold, it won’t matter to your cozy home. It’s also worth considering that a detached garage won’t affect your home’s structure, which can save from construction costs. If you’re worried about the trail from your home to the detached garage, we can add a covered walkway.
With different sizes and whether you want your garage attached to your home, it helps to know top garage builders in Hot Springs, SD. Call us today at 605-890-2668 to get started with your free estimate! We can recommend which size would best fit your needs, because we’ve got a lot of experience with garages and custom home building in Hot Springs, SD!
Garage Builders in Hot Springs, SD You Can Trust
You might think that the options end there with your new garage, but there are still more choices to make. As we mentioned before, our experts are prepared to help you based on what you want to do with your garage. The next thing to think about is which door you want:
- If you want your garage door to swing outward, a side-hinged door would work.
- A lot of homeowners love to control things remotely, which is why the roll-up door is so popular. There are versions of this door that can be rolled up by hand if you prefer the manual approach. The good news is that a roll-up door doesn’t fail to open.
- One of the newer concepts is a tilt-up garage door. You’ll pay a little extra for this type and it’s a little more complicated to use.
- An older type of garage door is the slide-to-the-side. These open like a sliding window, so they’re good for less property space.
- Saving the best for last, the majority of people love sectional garage doors. Hinges are used to keep divided sections together, so it’s creative.
Knowing how you’ll park your car and how much space you’ll have are important things to consider. Once you know, though, you can focus on the purpose of your garage. If you’re wanting to use it for more storage space, we’ve got a couple of options to help you with that:
- Mounting shelves to your walls can keep things out of the floor, which opens it up for your car. We’ve also seen them used for woodworking or gardening tools. They come in height-adjustable versions, or you can get wall-mounted shelves that don’t change.
- If you want more space overhead, we can install racks to hold things up. You can choose between rack sizes and colors for a unique look. We can also attach hooks to our racks so that you can hang your bikes without taking up space.
- If you’d rather hang your tools than lay them flat on a shelf, you might want pegboards. These are perfect to easily find a tool without having to reach over anything else.
Whatever you’re wanting to get out of your garage, there’s a lot to think about. Our experts at Swett Construction know all about garages, so we can recommend what will work best for you. When you call us today at 605-890-2668, let us know what you’re hoping to get out of your garage and schedule your free estimate! Furthermore, if you are interested in other services like roof repair or storm damage repair, be sure to check out our other pages!
- Argyle, SD
- Buffalo Gap, SD
- Custer, SD
- Edgemont, SD
- Fairburn, SD
- Hermosa, SD
- Hot Springs, SD
- Oeilrics, SD
- Pringle, SD
Swett Construction Inc.
Jesse and his crew did a super job replacing the old shingles on my house and garage, upgrading my roof to Class 4 Impact resistant shingles, and installing a roof ridge vent to eliminate the old thru-roof vents. The whole crew was friendly and considerate. Clean-up was fantastic – I only found one roofing nail on the ground after they were done. Five stars for sure!!!
– John R. Hot Springs, SD
Swett Construction Inc.
Jesse was the lowest bid in town and his work was of great quality. He was timely in starting and finishing the project. His attention to detail was excellent. Jessie was also a very personable contractor and his hired man was awesome. They worked hard and finished my project on time.
– Ben Coles